Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Grass is Greener... On Fire

The thought of Brian Bocock, and his .220 San Jose average, starting as the Giants' shortstop on opening day is enough to make me want to scout Shady Acres retirement home for prospects (Actually Sabes already has a fleet of scouts employed in every major Bay Area Alzheimer center).

But maybe our GM has been on the right track all along with his geriatric-heavy approach to player personnel: load up on old-timers while the market value for them is low (always) and overpay them. Uhh...wait.

I'm guessing though that Sabes could get a pretty good ROI on a skeletor pinch hitter. And I mean, you'd have to figure the odds of the opposing pitcher nailing the bones in the batter's box are better than Bocock getting on base by wildly flailing at the cowhide.

Yep, this is where my mind is magneted at the moment. I shutter to think how it will degress once the game's that matter actually begin.

No comments: